Setting The Trend On Glenwood South
|Written by Amber -|
Last week, through the course of a few fortunate circumstances, Chad and I were so honored to be the photographers at a Raleigh community event in the Glenwood South district. Several of the businesses there—restaurants, boutiques, salons, a new apartment complex, a car dealership, and countless other service-based businesses—were rallying together to show people what they have to offer. They threw a fun, free event for locals complete with live music, dancing, a fashion show, vendor booths, the unveiling of a few fancy Mercedes cars, and plenty of giveaways & drawings.
When the opportunity arose, we knew it would be the perfect opportunity to mix with the crowd in our new home city, network a bit and meet some amazing people. It turned out to be that and more! We had a blast getting to know some of Raleigh's best and hope we get some similar opportunities in the future. Plus, our engaged couples & high school senior clientele will TOTALLY benefit from stopping into these fantastic boutiques and salons!
We'll be featuring a few of these businesses in the near future, but until then, we HAD to share some highlights from this very memorable event. If you're interested in seeing more, there are tons of images categorized in the full gallery here.
There were SO many people involved in making this Event & Fashion Show a success. They're all credited at the bottom of this post along with their websites—check them out after you enjoy these highlights!
^ That's us! A bit exhausted by the end of the night, but it was SO worth it! Plus, shooting together as a married couple is the best.
A huge high-five to some of the event's sponsors:
- Dos Taquitos Xoco (what a great host site!)
- Leith Mercedes-Benz (several display cars and more)
- The Devon Apartments at Glenwood South
- CEI: The Digital Office
- Crush (the amazingly talented live band)
- Vineyard Vines, Raleigh Denim, Hayley's Boutique, Revolver, The Art of Style (fashion show featured boutiques)
- A slew of beautiful professional models and volunteer models for the fashion show
- Bottega and Primp Salonbar (top notch hair and make-up for the fashion models)
- Carlton's: The Florist at Glenwood South (gorgeous arrangements for this event!)
- Bull City Cigar Co. (super cool cigar rolling demos, too!)
- Marshall Park Apartments
- DeMo's Pizzeria & Deli
- Stag's Head Beer Hall & Bottle Shop
- Plates Neighborhood Kitchen
- Joe Seay Sauce
- The Wine Feed
- Shuckers Oyster Bar & Grill
- Robust Energy Drink
- Triangle Downtowner Magazine
- Smiles at Glenwood: Arrick and Associates, DDS, PLLC
- Fink's Jewelers
- ReMax Advantage
- The Right Plan
- Advertising in Motion
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- Hibernian Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Spring Rolls Restaurant
- Langhoff Creative (event photography) ...did we just high-five ourselves? Shhh....